Friday, March 13, 2015

What exactly is doodling?


I can't talk on the phone without doodling.  It's helps me connect to my conversation.  I'm not good at doing multiple things at a time but doodling helps me focus.  It helps me relax.  It gets my creative juices flowing.

What is your go to doodle?  

What do you scribble when you have a fresh piece of paper and a great pen in your hands?  

Start with a bunch of circles.  Fill the page with the circles, shade them, outline them,  and fill them in.

Maybe your doodle is drawing hearts, or writing your name, or the word LOVE.

My doodles always start with a circle and then I make that circle into a flower.  I like all shapes, lines, etc.  

Pattern thrills me!

I encourage you to FIND YOUR DOODLE.

It's good for the brain. 

Author Sunni Brown says doodling enhances our creativity.  

The reason for this is because while doodling we use our brain in 3 different ways.

Visually - we are seeing what we are drawing.
Kinesthetic - we're using our hands to draw.
Auditory - we are processing information by listening to what is being said.

It enhances how we take in information.  I also read that it helps our memory.  If these aren't good reasons to start doodling then I don't know what is.

It's just... fun!



1 comment:

  1. Lovely doodles. Circle and flowers are always high on my list of shapes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated and helpful.