Friday, October 18, 2013

DIY - Owl - Doodling/Painting/Mixed Media Tutorial How To


 I've been noticing a lot of Owls lately.
Have you too?
 
I decided to see if I could make an owl painting of my own.
Here's what I came up with.  It's easy, fun, and I'm guessing you can do it too.
 
Here's how...
 
First step - Sketch a picture of an owl.  I found a cookie jar owl and used it to get ideas from.


 
The next day, I found some of my favorite scrap paper.
Cut it up into shapes, similar to my sketch.
I laid it out on a canvas, and then decoupaged it down.


 
I was going to paint around my owls parts, but decided I'd rather doodle.
No surprise there.  So, I started by outlining.  Then, I doodled.



 
 
For the words, I decided to use. 
"Owl Always Love You."
Not sure
how these things just pop into my head.
 
But, I'm glad that they do.
 
I cut out some more scrapbook paper and used a stamp for
my letters with white paint.
I ended up doing my green background after, but you might want to do it before you
glue your owl down.
 
EZPZ.
 
Let me know what you think, or show me a picture of an owl you create.
I'd really love that.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how darling!!!!!! I love your owl, but I love all of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated and helpful.