Friday, August 24, 2012

Congo Bars - A New Favorite.

 
I admit it.
 
I'm a sucker for a really good chocolate chip cookie.
 
So, when I saw this photo from
I couldn't resist the urge to
make some for myself.
 
Here's the recipe which is very easy to make.
I added all the ingredients into a bowl and mixed.
Then, I added the chocolate chips and nuts.
 
Congo Bars Recipe:
(Recipe adapted from Bakerella)

2 3/4 c. all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. butter, softened
2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 package milk chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside. Combine butter and sugar using a mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time to sugar mixture, mixing on low in between each addition. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour and mix until combined. Stir in chips and then nuts (optional).

Coat a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray and spread batter evenly into dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
 
 
They are DELICIOUS!  A great bar to take on
a picnic or to a family gathering.
 


1 comment:

  1. I love bar cookies! Those look really good, I haven't made a batch of bar cookies in a long time, maybe I'll make a treat for my kids this weekend :)

    http://www.foodieinwv.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated and helpful.