Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Process

I love watching artists create their paintings.  Each step of the way I find myself admiring their work and saying okay,  Stop.  It's perfect.  But, no.  They keep adding and adding.  I didn't understand.

They would add a new color that I'd think is way too dark, then they would add another color, or this shape or that texture.  Soon, I would be loving this too.

Finally they would have that feeling.  The feeling of this is done.  It is what I want.  But, it was that whole process, the creating, the changes that was the feeling that makes them feel the creation process.

Not unlike a recipe.  With each new ingredient or step it takes on this new look, new feel or taste.

Now, I get it.

Here's my process:



Is it done?


I add darkness.


Maybe some color?


More color...

Now,  I feel like it might need light again.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking us along in your process!! I love the end result!! I would not change a thing;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated and helpful.